Ingrid is a Cairns local and mother of two young children.
Ingrid was admitted to the Supreme Court and High Court of Australia in March 2017 and has practised exclusively in the area of family law since her admission.
She has experience across a broad range of matters, including parenting disputes, domestic and family violence and property settlements. She has a particular interest in matters involving young children, where it is important to consider children’s attachments and care arrangements concurrently.
Ingrid is experienced with matters where substance abuse and/or domestic and family violence, including coercive control, is a feature. She is adept at putting in place frameworks to achieve positive outcomes for her clients and their families. She also has a keen interest in matters involving assisted fertility treatments and adoption.
Ingrid understands the emotional and financial strain that separation and continuing conflict bring to families and wherever possible seeks to resolve matters without recourse to Court.
• Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland (2015)
• Solicitor, Supreme Court of Australia (2017)
• Solicitor, High Court of Australia (2017)
• Queensland Law Society
• Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
• Far North Queensland Law Association
• Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia