Commercial Director, Jim Reaston, has over 38 years’ experience in all aspects of business and commercial law including:
- Company advice, including incorporation, business structures, director’s duties, business acquisitions and sales;
- Negotiation and preparation of commercial contracts;
- Commercial and business conveyance;
- Duty advice;
- Retail and commercial leasing;
- Commercial leasing. Leasing involves drafting lease documentation, negotiating lease terms, enforcing obligations of a lease and negotiating disputes between landlord and tenant. Our team understands the Cairns and North Queensland leasing market. There is no standard commercial or retail lease. For tenants, we ensure that you have the security of tenure and for the landlords we ensure that the leases are binding and clear;
- Purchase and sale of industrial, farming and rural land;
- Licensing requirements;
- Shareholder agreements;
- Partnership agreements;
- Advice on easements and covenants; and
It is important to seek the correct legal advice when undertaking any commercial and/or property transactions. Failure to do so could result in a costly mistake. This is relevant to all parties engaged in the transaction, from developers to farmers, to business, investment and home buyers.
Our commercial team can provide a quick turnaround on your commercial law matters.